Friday, January 13, 2006

The Jaggard Edge


This comes from www.beaconchurches.net. Art Jaggard is a staunch evangelical who seems to have crossed the wrong people in ABC of the Central Region. He writes with the dignity and honor of a man with a heart for God.

The text to follow was received at the Beacon Churches email from a friend in the Southeast Area. It is a letter of resignation from Art Jaggard, current Southeast Area Minister. The letter was on Art’s Region letterhead and reads as follows:

Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ.

For the last twelve years I have been blessed to minister in the Central Region as an Area Minister. These years have been fulfilling and I cherish the time that we have spent together. After much prayer and thought I will resign my position on or before May 31, 2006. My responsibilities as Area Minister end February 15, 2006. I feel led to be open to serving as a pastor of a local congregation. Deborra and I are looking forward to continuing our adventure in ministry in that context. We are confident that this is God’s will for us.

The next several months will be a time of transition. It is my prayer that everything will be done to contribute to the health and well being of the Region and the Area through out this experience. You have excellent Regional staff who will be able to help you do that. Please call Dr. Steve Van Ostran (785-272-7622 or steve.vanostran@abccr.org ) with any questions you may have as we proceed through this transition time.

You all are in my prayers,
In Jesus Name,

Art Jaggard

No comments: