10. Don’t assume your way is always best…usually means it’s not.
9. Don’t give unsolicited advice…people prefer to trust you first—they are funny that way.
8. See how long you can go without promoting your self…it’s harder than you think.
7. Don’t state the obvious just because you don’t have anything profound to say…sometimes silence is golden.
6. Don’t be bossy…remember in school when they taught you, “No one likes a know-it-all”?
5. Stop avoiding conflict…but don’t create it either.
4. Don’t self-deprecate for appearance sake…your spouse can handle that for you.
3. Don’t talk more than you do…actions speak louder than words. Corollary: don't over-promise and under-deliver; do under-promise and over-deliver.
2. Fight the temptation to “one up” someone with a better story than theirs…it’s hard to believe, but sometimes people have better stories than you. Yes, I'm talking to you.
1. Don’t appear more engaged than you are…sorry, but we know when you’re faking it.