Thursday, February 28, 2008

J.P. Moreland's Shot Across the Bow

Another post from the National Pastor's Convention in San Diego:

Morning Bible study was an insightful overview of the book of Acts by British scholar N.T. Wright. While I (and John Piper) think Wright is flakey on justification, this guy gets the Biblical message right in the macro arena.

J.P. Moreland, professor of philosophy at Biola/Talbot, did a great seminar this morning on sex and secularism. It's largely drawn from his book Kingdom Triangle. I love a guy who says things I'm thinking but can say it so much better than I can. He also issued a none to subtle shot across the bow of the infatuation large segments of the church have with post-modernism.

Just came from hearing John Ortburg speak about vision, drawing largely from Caleb.

I'll try to develop some thoughts on the divide I see here between the "hard" evangelicals (those who came of age in the 70s and 80s) and the newer "soft" evangelicals, who've come of age in the 90s and in the 00s (I pronounce that the oh-ies).

Stay tuned.

No comments: